- At Alpha Physiotherapy we take your privacy seriously. This policy covers the collection, processing and other use of personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”).
- By using the website and our services you consent to this policy. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for this purpose.
Information we collect
- We will collect personal data only if it is directly provided to us by you, e.g. your e-mail address, name, home or work address and telephone number, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent.
- We also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally).
Use of your information
- We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the DPA and GDPR.
- The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to respond to your enquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email and/or telephone. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
6.1. To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service;
6.2. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Controlling the use of your data
- If you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided you can write to us at the address detailed at the end of the policy or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
- Service Email messages are required to fulfil the Service to you. You may opt out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them you may opt-out and/or deactivate your account by following the instructions included in each communication or by contacting Alpha Physiotherapy at email@example.com.
- We may provide you the opportunity to opt-in to additional newsletters or promotional communications sent by email. If you have opted in or otherwise qualify to receive these forms of communication, and no longer wish to receive our newsletter or other promotional communications by email, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication.
Where we store and transfer your data
- As part of the services offered to you, for example through our Website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) as we use remote website server hosts to provide the website and some aspects of our service, which may be based outside of the EEA, or use servers based outside of the EEA - this is generally the nature of data stored in “the Cloud”. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers, e.g. our website server host, or work for us when temporarily outside of the EEA.
- We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
- The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should choose a password it is not easy for someone to guess.
Use of Clear Gifs (Web Beacons / Web Bugs)
- Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly in HTML files and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
We may use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter or other promotional communications by email, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication.
- We may store information that we collect through cookies and clear gifs to create a “profile” of your preferences. We may tie your personal information to information in the profile to provide tailored promotions and marketing offers or to improve the content of the Site for you. We do not share your profile with third parties.
- The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by us. Please write to us or contact us by email if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information we hold relating to you. You can write to us at the address detailed below or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide this information within one month of your requesting the data.
- You have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your date. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to us at the address detailed below or by email to email@example.com
Changes to this policy
- We may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.